This event is designed for all coaches delivering the game in the prep sector from ages 10 to 13. It aims to help teachers establish a sound foundation of the most contemporary skills and strategies. The approach will be informed by the elite game, but interpreted to make it appropriate for pre-teenage players. The technical and tactical dimensions of the 7-a-side game will be considered, together with thoughts on team and culture building within prep school Hockey.
- Theory Session One: A philosophy of coaching the game to 10-13 year olds
- Practical session One: Practices to develop individuals skills
- Practical session Two: Tactical theme
- Theory Session Two: The Role of the Goalkeeper (with John Hurst)
- Practical Session Three: Coaching GK skills
- Practical Session Four: Defending and attacking the short corner