This certificated course is based on the National Guidance provided by the Outdoor Education Adviser’s Panel (OEAP). Attendees will take away a comprehensive resource pack provided by OEAP.
Learning outside the classroom has always been a hugely important component of a child’s Education. The benefits of time away from the classroom are indisputable. The EVC’s role is to help the school fulfil its Health and Safety obligations for off-site school visits by being involved in the planning and management of all educational visits.
Safety management practice and procedures are ever-changing. The issues faced by School EVC’s change over time and, although EVC training does not formally lapse, it is accepted good practice for EVCs to revalidate their award by attending update training. Many organisations include a three-year requirement for EVC revalidation.
- Safeguarding: including issues raised by EVC’s attending the course
- Trips in a climate of heightened security
- Appropriate risk management procedures
- School policy documents
- Review of contemporary resources from DCFS, HSE, AALA and other recent publications
- Learning outcomes from recent incidents
- What the papers say!
- Inclusion/exclusion of pupils
- Quality badges
- Training and monitoring of staff
- Online approval systems
- Outcomes from school inspections
- Analysis of the underlying benefits of educational visits
- Provision of high-quality outdoor education
- Scenarios and solutions
- Mini buses and other transport issues