Prep Conferences provide an opportunity for both players and coaches to encounter the latest skills and strategies direct from leading players and coaches. It is a rare opportunity for children of this age to receive direct coaching from leading internationals and Olympians.
Coaches will have the opportunity to observe these sessions, attend unique education sessions bespoke to the sector, and trial the latest training equipment and coaching technology
Each School may bring up to 4 coaches and up to 12 players. This can include up to 2 goalkeepers, though may comprise entirely outfield players. For the morning sessions, players will be grouped together (max 12 per group) and will work with each presenter in turn for 20 minutes to learn various technical elements of the game. Coaches will attend structured workshops which will include topics such as fast-tracking player development, coaching technical skills, effective set plays in the attacking half, and improving link up play whilst still maintaining momentum attack.
In the afternoon the celebrity presenters will deliver different game play scenarios, to support players and coaches to implement team tactical considerations.
- Developing advanced skills such as reverse stick hitting, 3D elimination skills and drag flicking
- Receiving skills; teaching players to appreciate their surroundings, anticipate and understand their options prior to receiving the ball
- 1 v 1 defending techniques
- Distribution techniques such as aerials, slapping and disguised slapping
- Ball carrying at pace to enable players to pass, eliminate and shoot
- GKs will be in a separate group working through specific technical considerations for goal keeping
- 15-metre hit outs
- Long corner set plays
- Options from the push back (centre ball)
- Free hits in the attacking third
- Penalty corner routines in attack and defence