This is an introductory course intended to enable teachers to understand the game, to teach Basketball lessons and to coach teams of lower ages and abilities. It will provide a range of skills and strategies, together with ways of practising and developing these with young players. Teachers will also be introduced to the Rules and the ways in which they can be applied confidently in the school setting.
- Developing the basic skills: footwork, dribbling and passing
- Shooting: layup, jump shot, free throw and improvised shots
- Skills, drills and practices
- Individual and team defence
- Game play ideas from 1v1 to 5v5
- Introduction to Rules and refereeing