Coaching Cricket in schools has changed significantly in recent years. Shorter game formats, and a focus on making the game more fast moving, inclusive and exciting have demanded different ways of teaching the game. Traditional techniques and practice methods have required development to make the game remain engaging for young people.
This requires a new approach to coaching, and an emphasis on attacking skills. Run chasing with the bat has become as important as run saving in the field. This course will explain the basic skills of the modern limited overs game, together with ways of developing and practising them. It will also suggest imaginative ways of running net, square and fielding sessions for team practice.
- Fielding techniques and practices
- Team fielding drills
- Developing the wicket keeper
- Building the bowling action
- Creating variety in bowling
- Batting techniques and practice methods
- Drills to develop young batsmen
- Batting strategy in T20 and limited overs matches
- Imaginative net and square practices