The importance of Swimming teaching is never disputed, but Inspectors frequently identify that progress is slow and teaching unimaginative. This is a course for teachers of curriculum Swimming lessons who wish to update their subject knowledge and make lessons more relevant, varied and effective. It is also appropriate for coaches of school swimming teams, who are aspiring to improve techniques of their swimmers. A combination of practical demonstrations and video analysis will present modern techniques, practices to develop each stroke and fault correction.
Joe and Amy will conduct all courses in partnership, ensuring a constant and unique combination of demonstration and poolside explanation.
- Basic aquatic skills
- Technique of the major strokes
- Practices to ensure student progress
- Analysing and correcting faults
- Improving starts (from poolside and blocks)
- Progressive teaching of turns & tumble turns
- Swimming in competition
- Benefits of swimming aids