Most schools include Track and Field Athletics in their summer programme, and it is one of the most popular GCSE practical options. However, progress in the technical events is often limited. Dean Macey, one of Britain’s all-time greatest Decathletes, shows how teachers can make these activities exciting, stimulating and challenging. He also illustrates how effective coaching can significantly improve student progress and competitive performances.
His unrivalled expertise, entertaining delivery and breath-taking demonstrations make this a day to remember. This course is suitable for teachers and coaches of all levels of expertise, and will help those delivering the Athletics modules at GCSE and A Level to improve student grades.
- Warm up activities for young athletes
- Improving sprinting technique
- Sprint start
- Teaching hurdle technique
- High Jump/Long Jump/Triple Jump
- Developing throws: Shot, Discus, Javelin
- Analysing technique and diagnosis
- Fault identification and correction.
- Coaching for individual improvement
- Officiating school competitions