It aims to address the issues faced by sport in this unique sector. With pressures for both inclusivity and competitive success, the Director of Sport faces significant challenges in compiling a programme to meet all expectations. Parents can be intrusive, and resources often limited. This course addresses the practical issues faced by prep school sport, and considers possible strategies and solutions.
- What are the success criteria of prep school sport?
- The Director of Sport as a 360-degree leader
- Linking PE programmes with sport
- What does “Sport for All” mean?
- Should Rugby be compulsory?
- Stimulating engagement in less able pupils
- Establishing a foundation of physical literacy
- Clarifying and communicating priorities
- Identifying the best competitive programme
- Quality controlling teaching
- Coaching creativity in games
- Performance and participation
- Meeting parental ambition
- Balancing performance with inclusivity
- The six outcome PE and games programme
- Building a communication strategy