The Senior Coaching Conference will be led by Max Caldas, the current coach of the Dutch Men’s National Team. This is suitable for coaches of school 1st XIs, both boys and girls, or for teachers who aspire to this position in the future. It is an opportunity to understand current thinking from the very top of the international game, and to experience one of the world’s top coaches in action.
The morning session will be theory based, and illustrated by video. Max will explain his philosophy of coaching, and the technical and tactical focus of his teams. The afternoon will be a demonstration of practical coaching, using players from the host school.
- Latest trends in International Hockey
- The importance of the counter attack
- Zonal vs Man to Man Marking and why zonal is now preferred
- Managing the best players effectively
- Practical demonstration on developing attacking play
- The key skills required to make it at International Level
- Penalty Corners – What next?