Welcome to the National Prep Schools Soccer Coaching Conference. As this game becomes ever more significant in the sports programmes of more prep schools, the quality of coaching which players receive becomes more important. Additionally, it is necessary for schools to develop a philosophy for delivery that can guide all teachers involved in the game to ensure the best outcomes for players. As the game becomes an important part of the competition programme, a recreational approach to coaching is not satisfactory.
This Conference aims to familiarise prep school coaches with the most contemporary methods in developing the game for players in these age groups. This will cover everything which a school needs to build a coaching programme, and to develop players and teams.
Engaging young players with interesting and effective practices is important, as is knowing which activities, strategies and formations will have the greatest impact. Delegates will discover how coaching science can inform school delivery, and also how the top youth development programmes are presenting the game to these age groups.
The day will be delivered in tandem by two of the country’s most experienced and qualified experts in the development of football for young players
Session 1 - Developing a Soccer Programme U10 - U13
- Focus areas in Foundation and Transition Stages
- What do young players need in order to develop ?
- Engaging players and maintaining interest
- Going beyond X’s and O’s in coaching (video examples)
Session 2 – Player Development
- Barriers to effective development
- Fundamentals for player development for U11’s football.
- Basic principles to help develop young players
Session 3 (practical) Designing and delivering multiple outcome session for young players
- Design practices for maximum impact
- Session examples
- Ball related warm ups, skill development practices, small sided games
- Practical delivery the Premiership Academy way
Session 4 (practical) Formations for Prep school Football
- Developing a tactical focus
- Considering formations for U11 and U13 Soccer
- Advantages and disadvantages of different systems
- Incorporating the best players into the formation