Sports Awards have grown enormously in popularity and scale in recent years. They have become the norm for a great number of schools, and created a very competitive marketplace. The most able pupils are in great demand, and are often considering several possible schools. There is however, a wide range in quality of operating procedures, and in the effectiveness of these programmes. This seminar looks at the entire process of building an industry leading Award programme, encouraging applications, running a selection mechanism based on the science of talent identification and then optimising the contribution of Award holders once they are in the school.
This seminar is intended for schools who currently operate an Award programme, but wish to improve its impact - as well as those seeking to establish one for the first time.
- What are you trying to achieve?
- Advantages and disadvantages of sports awards
- Overcoming objections
- What are you offering?
- Promoting your awards
- Finding candidates: beating the competition
- How many candidates should you have?
- Generating publicity materials
- Communicating with parents
- Running the selection process
- What does science say about Talent Identification
- Managing disappointment
- Optimising contribution and developing award holders
- The Award programme in the school