Tanglin Trust School, established in 1925, has over 90 years’ experience of providing excellence in education. Combining the benefits of a global outlook with the strong foundation of the UK National Curriculum, Tanglin offers a holistic education where all students thrive, inspired by passionate teachers and supported by excellent pastoral care. Working together in a safe, caring yet stimulating environment, we set high expectations whilst offering strong support, resulting in a community of lifelong learners who can contribute with confidence to our world.
A highly successful period of development provides unique opportunities for outstanding individuals to join our team of professionals – we are passionate about education and dedicated to making a difference to the lives of our students.
Tanglin Trust School is seeking to appoint a Director of Coaching and Sport Science to provide leadership and development for all areas of sporting activity, including strategy, coaching, operations and facilities. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, strong communicator with the ability to drive and support all aspects of sporting life at the school. S/he will be a strategic thinker who is able to work with the Heads of Sport to create and implement a strategic vision to ensure the continuous improvement and development of the sporting provision. S/he will have excellent team leadership and relationship development skills, together with the enthusiasm and energy to promote quality and drive change and development across sports at the school.
- Degree or similar level qualification in sports or management-related discipline;
- High level coaching qualification;
- Ability to coach across sports;
- Experience as a senior manager within a sport related environment;
- Dynamic and enthusiastic leader with vision and ability to develop strategic goals and implement them;
- Experience of preparing budgets, delivering these against agreed programmes, and monitoring expenditure;
- Experience of managing staff teams, both salaried and volunteer;
- Demonstrable track record of implementing change programmes;
- Ability to build trust and work in partnership with colleagues at all levels of the school;
- High level communication skills;
- Of high integrity, honest and resourceful and able to work with minimum supervision.
Interested candidates please refer to “Work at Tanglin” on the school’s website, https://www.tts.edu.sg/careers-at-tanglin-trust for a detailed Job Description and information on how to apply.
The Job Description can also be downloaded below.
Closing Date for applications is Monday, 8 April 2019
(Only shortlisted applicants will be notified)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will conduct thorough background checks on all successful applicants.