Ten month contract
Full time, term time only
Required from September 2019
Charterhouse is growing its sporting provision. As part of our exciting development strategy to enable the School to become fully co-educational across all year groups, from Years 9 to 13, we are building our capability to promote excellence in all areas of sporting provision at Charterhouse for both girls and boys.
The Graduate Assistant (Sport) will be responsible for supporting the sporting development of pupils aged 13 to 18, and for working with a Housemaster / Housemistress and other members of the Boarding House team to develop and maintain a boarding environment guided by the School’s Boarding Principles and School values of Responsibility, Kindness, Perseverance, Open-mindedness and Moral Courage.
The Graduate Assistant (Sport) will:
- be a graduate (or recognised alternative), ideally having a degree in Sports Science or equivalent sports/coaching related degree
- possess a coaching qualification to a minimum of Level 1 NGB standard, ideally Level 2, in at least one of Charterhouse’s core sports (football, hockey, cricket, netball, tennis)
- desirable to have experience of delivering a recognised sports science discipline (video analysis, strength & conditioning, nutrition, sports psychology)
- be committed to developing and instilling excellence in young sportsmen and women
- have excellent knowledge of long-term development practices for young male and female athletes
- have outstanding communication skills in a variety of environments and media
- have well-developed administrative and organisational skills
Charterhouse is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment, as such you are required to attend necessary child protection training and participate fully in activities that ensure the School stays compliant with statutory child protection and safeguarding guidelines issued to the School by ISI and Ofsted.
For further information, full job description and application form please see our website: www.charterhouse.org.uk/about-us/employment-opportunities for details on how to apply for this role. Should you have any queries please email email@example.com.
Closing Date: Noon on Monday, 29 April 2019
Please send the completed application form and CV, together with a covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, HR Manager, Charterhouse, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2DX