Competitive Salary based on qualifications and experience
Our dance programme is extremely popular. We are looking to hire a passionate dance instructor to join our vibrant SPARTA team. You will be responsible for teaching and training a dynamic group of students in a range of techniques and dance styles, ensuring that all students are engaged, motivated, and inspired to achieve their goals in their chosen area of dance.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Develop and provide dance opportunities through our SPARTA academy, PE curriculum and extracurricular activities.
- Devise a structured dance framework showing progression through the year groups.
- Work closely with the PE department and provide dance support for curriculum lessons where needed.
- Choreograph routines and select music for regular recitals and concerts.
- Is a strong ballet teacher with experience in the various genres of dance
Our facilities are very good including: two mirrored practice rooms, one with a ballet beam, a large sports hall and two further halls complete with a stage for performance opportunities.
The successful candidate should hold relevant dance qualifications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This list of responsibilities and duties is not exhaustive.
- To plan, deliver and continually evaluate a series of sessions in a range of dance genres to prepare students for performances.
- Develop and devise an elite performance programme for relevant children.
- To liaise with other organisations within Bahrain, offering further opportunities for competition.
- To identify, plan for and continually evaluate the development needs of dancers for the whole school and academy
- To assist the PE department in the delivery of whole sessions or part of sessions
- To plan and organise regular dance competitions and fun days.
- To oversee any additional equipment orders for the future and maintain equipment.
- To supervise and mentor Coaching Assistants.
- Ability to teach using various dance styles and methodologies from beginner to advanced level.
- Genres might include: Ballet, Ballroom, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Jazz, Street Dance etc. Ability to communicate with a diverse group of teachers and students.
- Engage, encourage, and motivate students to reach their goals.
- Evaluate student performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct group and private lessons as required.
- Provide a fun and creative environment.
- Keep up to date in your discipline and implement any changes to the dance routines and curriculum as needed.
Royal Academy of Dance Ballet Qualification
Please note that we are working with Independent Coach Education on this appointment. Daniel Scargill is available to answer enquiries from potential applicants. If you would like to arrange this prior to applying, please contact him on email@example.com to arrange a discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday, 28 February, 10.00am. In view of the current unusual circumstances, it is expected that interviews will take place in early March. However, the School reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage in the process.