South Hampstead High School are seeking to appoint a dynamic, energetic and inspirational individual to join a strong PE Department and play a pivotal role leading the Netball programme at both the Junior and Senior School.
As Head of Netball, your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the Netball schemes of work and modifying, as necessary.
- Organising, with the Director of Sport, the Netball co-curricular programme
- Entering the school into Netball competitions and affiliating the school with England Netball
- Along with the Assistant Director of Sport, liaising with other schools to book in cup competition fixtures
- To provide INSET to the department on the latest coaching and/or officiating developments
- Liaising with the resident Netball coach regarding the Netball programme
- Leading on the organisation of a senior Netball tour
You will also teach Physical Education to highly motivated and talented pupils from EYFS to Upper Sixth. This will include teaching and delivering a wide range of sports and activities.
Netball is extremely popular at South Hampstead in both the Junior and Senior Schools. Recent successes have included the U16 and U19 teams qualifying for the Middlesex finals and the U15 team making it to the semi-finals of a national plate competition.
We welcome applications from qualified teachers, with a proven track record. However, applications would also be welcome from NQTs and those looking to begin a career in teaching.
About the School
Working at South Hampstead is stimulating, challenging and fun. Pupils are intelligent and inquisitive, energetic and engaging. We offer competitive salaries, generous employee benefits – including opportunities for sabbaticals – and a warm, supportive environment. There is a strong emphasis on Continuous Professional Development and on supporting teachers to engage with leading education research.
The School is part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools. We offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
For further details and to apply please click https://my.corehr.com/pls/gdstrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form
Closing date is Monday 28th September 2020.
Interviews are likely to be held w/c 12th October 2020.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.