REGIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - SPORTS TOURS
An exciting opportunity for a Regional Account Manager has become available within our Edwin Doran Sports Tours & Gullivers Sports Tours Sales Team. Working with education establishments and sports clubs, you will be responsible for promoting, selling and account managing the full product range of sports tours to destinations around the world for the UK’s leading sports tours brands.
Operating across the globe we are passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers and our high level of customer service and satisfaction.
The Experience Education (EE) business incorporates our fantastic brands, SkiBound, Travelbound, Edwin Doran & Masterclass, World Challenge and JCA Adventure. We are part of the Travelopia Group, a KKR owned company, and a leading provider of educational travel – offering a wide range of experiences for students in the UK and Australia: from ski and adventure breaks to international travel supporting core curriculum subjects, sports tours and expeditions to places near and far.
Our office is based in Brighton, however, this role can be worked remotely within the UK.
What you will be doing:
- Proactively engaging with customers via telephone, email and/or video calls
- Developing, growing and managing your own sales pipeline by delivering excellent customer service to repeat bookers and new enquiries, handling all aspects of the booking to deliver a seamless, personalised service
- Converting direct, business to business and marketing generated enquiries to sales and initiating follow-up procedures to ensure successful conversions
- Accurately using our HubSpot CRM system, creating and updating new customers, opportunities, maintaining hotlists and favourite lists
- Using our inhouse reservation and quote presentation systems to prepare quotes for customer enquiries
- Negotiating and dealing with sales challenges to successfully generate maximum revenue, margin and volume in line with individual and team targets
- Generating customer invoices and dispatching to clients
- Maintaining good relationships with suppliers
- Working as part the Experience Education team to deliver cross-sell opportunities to develop incremental growth across all brands
- Reporting accurate sales data when requested by the Sales Manager
- Maintaining up-to-date information relating to current campaigns, special offers, operational changes, product updates and competitor products
- Supporting new product development projects and market research
- Implementing new business development activity, gathering market information via social media and websites to identify decision makers for tours
What we are looking for:
- Previous targeted sales experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative with a desire to succeed
- Computer literate with proven use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work to and achieve set sales targets
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work throughout the day
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Provide and demonstrate excellent customer service skills to clients and colleagues
- Ability to quickly grasp new products, marketing initiatives and hold a lateral thinking approach to sales
- Travel industry experience
- Previous sales experience in the school sports or travel market
- Well-travelled and a good knowledge of the main destinations we offer
- Passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Experience using a CRM system to monitor leads and sales (ideally HubSpot)
- An aptitude to master new systems
- Flexible approach to working hours
- A passion for sport and/or travel
- A degree in sports, travel or events management
If you have a passion for sport, travel, and sales then this is the role for you! We will also offer a competitive salary and generous commission scheme!
How to apply - Click link for more details: Travelopia | Careers