Dates & Venues
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we do not have any courses scheduled. We will be releasing dates as soon as regulations change.
Recognised as a RFU Licence CPD event
Leading to ERCA Membership
This is a specific England Rugby Coaches Association course for teachers delivering the game at all levels below 15 a side. “New Rules of Play” demand a slightly different skill set for players, and a changed approach to both coaching and refereeing. This course looks at how key skills and strategies can be introduced incrementally, and how the game is developed at each age group. It will adopt a games-based approach with age specific techniques introduced through skill zones within a problem-solving environment. This course aims to give school coaches the confidence that they are adopting the right approach to both development and safety, and accurately applying the new rules.
Benefits of ERCA membership are the same as the XV-a-side course
- Understanding the structure of “New Rules of Play”
- Familiarisation activities for young players
- Developing confidence and overcoming apprehension
- Building core techniques in the “skill zone”
- Safety first: learning to tackle and be tackled
- Continuity skills in the new game
- Ball winning at the breakdown: differences at under 9/10/11/12
- Introducing suitable rucking skills
- The developing role of the scrum
- Games for developing “New Rules” skills
- The role of the referee coach
1 place £189 2 places £315 4 places £499
Seminar runs 10.00am – 3.30pm. Price includes lunch, refreshments and notes. Excludes VAT.
Dan Cottrell is a Rugby coach and author, who specialises in producing innovative coaching content for age group coaches of all levels of experience. His newsletter “Rugby Coach Weekly” is read by 100,000 coaches worldwide, and is supplemented by a range of other resources. Dan played first class rugby for Bristol and Bath and was Head of Rugby at Cranleigh for six years.