Dates & Venues
This online presentation will be divided into three interrelated sections around the theme of player development. The first section will be devoted to talent identification and the exploration of currents trends in scientific and applied research. The second section involves the importance of the environment in helping shape player experiences. Finally, the third section introduces an integrated approach to player development in the contemporary world.
Main themes of the session include:
- Contemporary research – The complexities of translating research into practice.
- Player development as a multidimensional construct.
- The complex phenomenon of the Early/Late Developer.
- The critical role of the environment in creating elite players.
- The critical role of innovation during current times – How to maximise player development.
Individual booking £60
Group subscription £120 (log in on up to five separate devices)
Masterclass will be broadcast live, with no recording. Price excludes VAT.
Tony is the Head of Performance at the Football Association of Wales. For 11 years, he worked with Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United as Head of Sports Science and the Head of Performance. During that time, he was seconded to work with the full England team at FIFA World Cup 2014, and is currently a consultant to the English Premier League. He has a PhD from Liverpool John Moores, and a Masters Degree in Sports Science from Loughborough.