Dates & Venues
This is an introductory course intended to enable teachers to understand the game, to teach Basketball lessons and to coach teams of lower ages and abilities. It will provide a range of skills and strategies, together with ways of practising and developing these with young players. Teachers will also be introduced to the Rules and the ways in which they can be applied confidently in the school setting.
- Developing the basic skills: footwork, dribbling and passing
- Shooting: lay-up, jump shot, free throw and improvised shots
- Skills, drills and practices
- Individual and team defence
- Game play ideas from 1v1 to 5v5
- Introduction to Rules and refereeing
1 place £189 2 places £315 4 places £499
Course runs 10.00am – 3.30pm. Price includes lunch, refreshments and notes. Excludes VAT.
Matt Harber has coached Basketball to leading school, university and adult players. He was Head Coach of the Loughborough University team which was three times BUCS champions, and later Head Coach of GB Under 16 Women. He has been involved in British Youth Basketball at most age groups, and is currently Head Coach of Anglia Ruskin University Men’s and Women’s Programmes.