Dates & Venues
In association with
This course is designed for teachers working with children at Key Stages One and Two. It is a one-day course, which is a practical introduction to teaching Gymnastics. The course is certified by British Gymnastics, as Introductory Level Gymnastics. It is regarded as the required qualification for teaching Gymnastics to primary age pupils. No previous experience is required, neither is it necessary to be a qualified teacher, nor a PE teacher.
- For teachers with experience of teaching Gymnastics, the 2-day Intermediate course is advised.
- Introduction: Warm up and Shapes
- Connection Skills: stepping, spinning, jumps, turns, leaps and cartwheel
- Rolling Skills: log, egg, side, forward, backward, teddy bear
- Balance: points and patches, including headstand and handstand
- Hand apparatus: hoops, balls and ropes Partner Balances: working with partner and small groups
1 place £189 2 places £315 4 places £499
Course runs 9.30am – 4.00pm. Price includes lunch, refreshments, British Gymnastics resource pack and certification. Excludes VAT.