Dates & Venues
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we do not have any courses scheduled. We will be releasing dates as soon as regulations change.
Parents vary widely in what they want – and don’t want – for their children from school sport. Directors of Sport identify relationships with parents as the most demanding dimension of their role. This new course is aimed at helping them to cope with the requirements and aspirations of all types of parents in independent schools. It will look at strategies for communication, and for managing expectations. It will also consider how modern science can be used to educate parents of the benefits of sport and physical activity for children of all levels of sporting ability.
- Taking the lead in parental relationships
- Communicating the success criteria
- Managing expectation and entitlement
- The tricky issue of team selection
- Performance and participation
- Talent development and early specialisation
- Touchline behaviour and encouragement
- Maintaining proactive communications
- Dealing with difficult parents
- Exams v summer term sport
- Resolving conflict
- Encouraging partnerships
1 place £189 2 places £315 4 places £499
Seminar runs 10.00am – 3.30pm. Price includes lunch, refreshments and notes. Excludes VAT.
Neil Rollings was Director of Sport in four HMC schools, over a 21 year career. He was an ISI Inspector and he now works with schools to develop and audit modern sports programmes and with Heads to appoint Directors of Sport. He is a regular conference speaker, influential blogger on school sport issues, and Chairman of PADSIS.