Dates & Venues
Cricket is the fastest growing summer term school game for girls. However, many teachers lack experience and confidence to deliver lessons and coaching sessions. This is a course for teachers of girls’ cricket who have little or no experience and are introducing the game, sometimes for the first time. It is particularly suitable for teachers involved in the 10–14 age range. No previous experience is necessary. It provides everything the beginner requires to teach the game, prepare school teams and umpire matches of both the hard and soft ball games. Basic skills and strategies will be presented, along with a variety of game formats suitable for use with inexperienced players of all ages. Simple Rules and umpiring protocols will equip teachers to officiate various types of school matches with confidence.
- Engaging beginners in Cricket
- Skill based warm ups
- Introducing batting shots
- Games and practices to develop batting
- Developing the bowling action
- The role of the wicketkeeper
- Fielding techniques and games
- Understanding Cricket strategy
- Alternative formats with soft balls
- Games for developing Cricket skills in girls
- Umpiring, managing and scoring school matches
- A simple guide to the Rules of the Game
1 place £189 2 places £315 4 places £499
Courses run 10.00am – 3.30pm. Price includes lunch, refreshments and notes. Excludes VAT.