Dates & Venues
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we do not have any courses scheduled. We will be releasing dates as soon as regulations change.
In association with
This is a National Governing Body certificated course for teachers, coaches or sports graduates working in schools. No previous experience of teaching or playing the game is necessary. It is suitable for those who are delivering Lacrosse for the first time in a curriculum environment. The course explains the basic skills of the game, how to practise and progress them, fundamental strategies for team play, as well as a brief introduction to the basic rules and how to umpire Lacrosse (please note this course is not the Level 1 Officiating Course). It aims to provide the inexperienced teacher or sports graduate with the confidence to coach and umpire Lacrosse in order to lead lessons or assist with teams. This course is certificated by England Lacrosse.
- Imaginative and appropriate warm ups for young players
- Development and progression of basic skills: catching, passing, scooping
- Building individual attack and defence
- Transferring skills and understanding from other team sports
- Progression from individual skills to unit strategy in attack and defence
- Games, practices and drills to develop essential Lacrosse skills
- Introduction to the basic rules and umpiring in school games in order run practices and game play
1 place £189 2 places £315 4 places £499
Course runs 10.00am – 3.30pm. Price includes lunch, refreshments and notes. Excludes VAT.
Martha Cornbrooks was Head Coach of Scotland for six years. She has also been Head Coach of the England Women’s Development Squad, as well as the South West Talent Pathway team. She has coached U-19 teams to victory in Regional Tournaments, and is an ELA Level 3 Coaching Award tutor.