In association with
This new Zoom course is aimed at staff responsible for Diversity and Inclusion within schools. This course will educate school staff how to continue their journey and consider how to improve inclusive practice within their school. Schools are key to supporting pupils understand diversity, how to celebrate it and how to develop and be inclusive in their approach. To support this it is essential that schools and their teams have the appropriate learning and practice in place within all its functions to ensure that each pupil/student is provided with an equitable learning and pastoral programme and there are fair processes in place for teaching /support staff. It is also important to understand the benefits of an inclusive culture - both in support and teaching culture, but also regarding dealing with conscious, unconscious bias and discriminatory behaviour.
This course will be delivered in an engaging and interactive way using a range of delivery methods.
Runs from 2pm – 4pm. This will be broadcast live, with no recording.
- Trainer presentation and facilitation
- Paired, individual and small group exercises (via breakout rooms – Zoom)
- Interactive discussion of practical workplace issues
- Video analysis
- Have a greater understanding, knowledge and awareness of the benefits of embedding Diverse and Inclusive processes and practice to enhance the school’s performance.
- Have an understanding of how the curriculum can be enhanced to be more inclusive
- Have greater awareness regarding recruiting, retaining and developing diverse staff teams
- Understand own and commonly held biases and the impact this may have within their role.
- Have considered how they can enhance their practice to reduce or eliminate bias
Group Subscription: (log in on up to five separate devices) £120
Webinar runs 2pm – 4pm. Prices exclude VAT.