Dates & Venues
This new seminar is intended for aspiring or recently appointed heads of a sport in a school. It will consider the priorities for these roles, and how these have changed in recent years. Participants will be prepared for managing the contemporary challenges in school sport, and developing creative solutions to common problems. It is suitable for leaders of any sports programme in a school
- The role of the modern head of a sport
- Leading a sports programme in a school
- Clarifying what success looks like
- Supporting high performance
- Retaining a critical mass of players
- Creating a competition programme
- Establishing standards, values and behaviours
- Building a culture of commitment
- Creating a school-wide coaching philosophy
- The workforce of school sport Controlling the quality of the experience Controlling communications
SCHOOL SUBSCRIPTION £120 (log in on up to five separate devices)
Price excludes VAT
Webinar runs from 7 - 9pm via zoom and this webinar will be recorded and available to view for 3 days after the event.
Neil Rollings was Director of Sport in four HMC schools, over a 21 year career. He was an ISI Inspector and he now works with schools to develop and audit modern sports programmes and with Heads to appoint Directors of Sport. He is a regular conference speaker, influential blogger on school sport issues, and Chairman of PADSIS.