In partnership with the University of Buckingham, we are pleased to offer a new Masters’ degree, designed specifically for Directors of Sport in schools, and those who aspire to these, and other leadership, positions.
This is a two year course, which will be delivered entirely online, making it accessible from anywhere in the world. In addition to recorded lectures, reading and case studies, there will be a weekly online seminar. This will take place one evening each week in term time, and will be run in both UK and Far East time zones.
The course will be assessed by a written paper at the end of each module, and a research project in candidates’ schools on an approved topic of their choice.
There will be four taught modules, each of a term’s duration, followed the dissertation, completed over two terms.
- The context of school sport, exercise and PE (25 credits)
- Contemporary issues in school sport and physical activity (25 credits)
- Leadership and management in school sport (30 credits)
- Building a positive culture of sport and physical activity (40 credits)
- Educational Research Project (60 credits)