Dates & Venues
In association with
with Gary Kirby
This course is designed for teachers working with children at Key Stage Two. It is a one-day event, which is a practical introduction to teaching Gymnastics. The course is certified by British Gymnastics, as Introductory Level Gymnastics. It is regarded as the required qualification for teaching Gymnastics to primary age pupils. No previous experience is required, neither is it necessary to be a qualified teacher. It is suitable for both specialist and non-specialists. For those with experience of teaching Gymnastics, the 2-day Intermediate course is advised.
- Introduction: Warm up and Shapes
- Connection Skills: stepping, spinning, jumps, turns, leaps and cartwheel
- Rolling Skills: log, egg, side, forward, backward, teddy bear
- Balance: points and patches, including headstand and handstand
- Hand apparatus: hoops, balls and ropes
- Partner Balances: working with partner and small groups
1 place £189
2 places £319
4 places £499
Course runs 9.30am – 4.00pm. Price includes British Gymnastics resource pack and certification.
Gary Kirby was a GB international gymnast. He is an International Performance Coach, and has coached medallists in both Olympic Games and World Championships. He was appointed men’s Technical Director at the 2002 Commonwealth Games, and was subsequently Gymnastics Development Officer for Liverpool. He is one of Britain’s leading Gymnastics judges, having officiated at World and European Championships and two Commonwealth Games